It's that time again!
Time to grab your pens, wrestle your minds into gear and prepare to write! It's the Third Annual Oddworld Forums Fan Fiction Competition! *Fanfare sounds, confetti rains*
This year our theme is 'Journey'
So here's what'cha gotta do!
- You must write an Oddworld-themed short story.
- Your story can be up to 4000 words long; it must be equal to or shorter than this limit! If your story goes over this, any excess words will quite simply be deleted.
- You can use original characters and settings and/or characters and settings from the games, but you may not use any settings or characters that you have used in another fan-story.
- Your story must be totally new; it must not have been posted anywhere on the internet before, but written specifically for this competition! It must not tie into any other stories you have previously posted.
- Finally, your story must be based on a specific theme; the theme for this competition is ‘Journey’, so your story must some how relate to this theme.
So more specifically, here's a list of instructions for applicants...
- Write an original story set in the Oddworld universe and based on the theme of ‘Journey’.
- Give it a title.
- PM it to me. DO NOT POST IT IN THIS OR ANY OTHER THREAD OR IT WILL BE DISQUALIFIED!
- You may say that you have given me your entry, but you must not tell anyone else it’s title or anything about its plot; this is to ensure that our judges do not know who wrote which story, as this may affect their decisions!
The closing date for the competition will be September the first; I must have received your entry by this date!
A select team of judges will read all of the stories anonymously (they will not be told who wrote which story) and will score each story on the following criteria:
- Character and plot – How believable are the characters? How well is the story structured?
- Quality of writing – How easy is it to read?
- Oddness – How well does your story match the atmosphere of Oddworld?
- Use of the ‘Journey’ theme – How well do you incorporate the theme into your story?
- Reader’s enjoyment – How much pleasure did the judges get from reading it?
They will give 10 points for each of these themes, making a potential total of 50 points per judge!
When all the results are in, I will post the results and the entries in Fan Corner, so that the winner may bask in our praise and adoration!
Your task is set! You have until the end of this month!
So get to work!